|SUMMARY||Responsible for the general supervision and management of the afterschool program students, planning and executing the educational program in accordance with the mission and policies of PALC.|
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE||Education: High School Diploma.
Associates Degree in Early Childhood, Maryland Teacher Certificate or CDA preferred
Certifications: 90-hour preschool certification; 45- hour school age certification
Experience: Minimum 5 years working in a child care center environment
|QUALIFICATIONS||• Professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, especially in the field of early childhood education and/or child development.
• Meet the requirements of licensing agencies and accrediting organizations.
• Able to work effectively with multiple staff members, balance and prioritize multiple requests.
• Sensitive to the needs of young children and familiar with early childhood theory and practice.
• Ability to relate positively to young children, parents and staff.
• Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
• Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written)
• Valid license and good driving record
• Ability to drive 15- passenger vehicle for transportation
|DUTIES||• Assist school age students with their homework for allotted time per activity schedule
• Provide transportation to/from local schools, based on transportation routes and schedule.
• Facilitate and supervise games and activities for the afterschool program.
• Maintain all safety requirement and regulations when transporting children. Accurate completion of required transportation documentation.
• Responsible for implementing of MSDE performance standards, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of an afterschool program.
• Maintain records on each child’s progress and development for the purpose of planning and compliance with MSDE and PALC policies.
• Provide educational and engaging activities for the children to participate in.
• Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
• Attend all staff meetings and in-service provided at the Center.
• Review with staff the progress of each child and develop written plans to promote each child’s growth and development.
• Work with Director in planning and participating in parent activities.
• Responsible for communicating and working closely with parents via email and staff/parent conferences.
• Help maintain facility in a safe and satisfactory condition.
• Provide day-to-day supervision and support to teacher aides, substitutes and volunteers, which include sharing daily program plans and discussing goals for children.
• Provides overall supervision of bathroom time..
• Maintain a well-organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
• Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
|HOURS||1:30 - 6:30 pm, M-F
|PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES||• Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
• Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety
|OTHER||• Documentation of Tuberculin-free condition
• Clear criminal background check
|PAY||Commensurate with experience|