|SUMMARY||Responsible for the general supervision and management of the preschool classroom, planning and executing the educational program in accordance with the mission and policies of PALC.|
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE||Education: 90-hr Preschool Certification or Child Development Associate
Experience: Minimum 3 years working in a licensed child care facility
|QUALIFICATIONS||• Professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, especially in the field of early childhood education and/or child development.
• Meet the requirements of licensing agencies and accrediting organizations.
• Able to work effectively with multiple staff members, balance and prioritize multiple requests.
• Sensitive to the needs of young children and familiar with early childhood theory and practice.
• Ability to relate positively to young children, parents and staff.
• Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
• Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written)
• Demonstrated supervision skills
|DUTIES||• Meet regularly with Aides to develop weekly plans and activities.
• Meet with Director to review curriculum plans and activities and evaluate program’s effectiveness.
• Responsible for implementing of MSDE performance standards, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of an early childhood development center (2 years-5 years of age) including developmentally appropriate practices for a pre-school program.
• Maintain records on each child’s progress and development for the purpose of planning and compliance with MSDE and PALC policies.
• Responsible for recording and record keeping of information required to document the growth and development of children.
• Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
• Attend all staff meetings and in-service provided at the Center.
• Review with staff the progress of each child and develop written plans to promote each child’s growth and development.
• Work with Director in planning and participating in parent activities.
• Responsible for communicating and working closely with parents via email and staff/parent conferences.
• Help maintain facility in a safe and satisfactory condition.
• Provide day-to-day supervision and support to teacher aides, substitutes and volunteers, which include sharing daily program plans and discussing goals for children.
• Provides overall supervision of toileting and bathroom time.
• Assist the Center Director in providing orientation and training for new staff, substitutes and volunteers.
• Work with classroom staff to execute and implement the daily program of activities based on principles of child development and in accordance with the program’s curriculum.
• Set up and maintain a well-organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
• Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
• Observe each child daily to assess skills, interests and needs and use this information to facilitate learning and growth.
• Establish a positive relationship with each child’s family and share information about the child’s day at the Center.
• Help parents to understand the curriculum and find ways to involve parents in the daily program.
• Conduct individual parent conferences at least twice a year to discuss each child’s growth and development.
• Keep abreast of current knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education.
|PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES||• Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
• Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety
|OTHER||• Documentation of Tuberculin-free condition
• Clear criminal background check