|SUMMARY||Assist the Lead Teacher with the operation and management of the preschool classroom, and executing the educational program in accordance with the mission and policies of PALC.|
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE||Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum 1 year in a child care setting.
|QUALIFICATIONS||Meet the requirements of licensing agencies and accrediting organizations.
Able to work effectively with multiple staff members, balance and prioritize multiple requests.
Sensitive to the needs of young children and familiar with early childhood theory and practice.
|SKILLS||1. Basic knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood
2. Ability to develop rapport with children, parents, and co-workers
3. Ability to follow instruction, without repeated follow-up
4. Ability to follow and implement, age appropriate curriculum to successfully engage children and foster social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development
5. Strong group management skills with children
6. Effective organizational skills
7. Effective interpersonal skills
8. Ability to conform to an established work schedule
9. Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
10. Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
11. Ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality
|DUTIES||Assist the Lead Teacher with the following duties to include, but are not limited to,
1. Assures that each infant and toddler is warmly greeted upon arrival; each infant is held; and each child is gradually assisted to become a part of the group
2. Talks, sings, and reads to infants frequently.
3. Responds quickly in a soothing and tender manner to infants' cries or calls of distress.
4. Responds consistently to infants' needs for food and comfort.
5. Implements individualized feeding plans for children; respects individual preferences and eating styles; sits with toddlers and models manners and good nutrition.
6. Tends to children's personal hygiene needs, remaining especially attentive to them during routines such as diaper changing, cleaning, feeding, and changing soiled or wet clothes.
7. Assist with completing timely, neat, accurate documentation of assessments, individualized plans, attendance, daily health checklist, feedings, daily activity logs for parents, inventories, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary for proving quality services.
8. Interacts with the children and encourages their involvement in activities.
9. Provides a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing. The environment should allow the child to grow and to explore..
10. Assist with maintaining compliance within the classroom, as it relates to posted materials and information as required by licensing agencies.
11. Assist with the health, welfare, and safety of the children.
12. Maintains good communication with parents on a daily basis through the use of daily sheets, notes, or verbally.
13. Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
14. Ensures confidentiality of privileged information.
15. Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements.
16. Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
17. Work with parents to promote understanding of their child’s growth and development;
18. Encourage parents participation in school programs; attend parent group and Center functions
19. Maintain required credentials and continued education, as required by PALC and licensing agencies.
20. Performs additional program duties as assigned by the Director and/or Lead Teacher, according to agency needs
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS||Must have the ability to:
1. Lift up to 40 lbs.
2. Repetitive bending, stretching, and stooping
3. Have mobility required to ensure the safety of the children
4. Work with children on the floor
5. Work outdoors in any variety of weather
6. Fully capable to have visual or hearing capabilities consistent with licensing safety
8. Perform light duty cleaning and sanitation
|OTHER||• Documentation of Tuberculin-free condition
• Clear criminal background check